We are still open during the lockdown
Treating each patient as an individual
Evidence based treatment
Enabling you to return to sport
New Forest Physiotherapy remains open during this lockdown period.
Please be assured New Forest Physiotherapy Clinic (NFPC) will follow all the Public Health guidelines regarding cleaning and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and where possible will adhere to social distancing guidelines. Before attending please print and fill in our Coronavirus Patient Consent Form, or you can fill it in when you arrive in clinic.
Opening hours will be:
Mondays 8am- 8pm, Tuesdays 8am-3pm, Wednesdays 9am- 6:30pm, Fridays 8am- 3pm.
Patients will only be offered an appointment date and time after a telephone assessment, no walk in appointments available.
Appointment times will be set with a 15 minute gap between each appointment to allow for vigorous cleaning, allowing staff to put on PPE and to allow social distancing between patients.
To ensure this process runs as smoothly as possible we will take you through your experience from making an appointment through to the end of your treatment.
• We will ask you 3 questions prior to your appointment, to ensure eligibility for treatment under government guidelines.
• We will then ask you further questions to decide whether telephone or face to face contact is appropriate.
• Only 1 person will be allowed in the treatment room at a time (we will request that your driver waits in the car), the only exception is anyone under 16 or those with special needs.
• We will ask you to attend at your allocated appointment time.
• We will ask you to wash your hands immediately on arrival at the clinic and to wear a mask. We will prefer that you bring your own but we can provide you with one on arrival. There will be a charge of £1 which will be added to your bill.
• Please allow your therapist to open the treatment room doors during your appointment. If you need to use any equipment we will provide gloves and ensure all equipment is wiped down after use.
• Once your appointment is finished we will ask you to wash your hands again prior to making payment. At present we can only accept card or BACs payment.
• We will either email your next appointment or please bring a diary with you.
For those who are unable or do not wish to attend for face to face consultations, we will still be happy to offer telephone consultations and advise you of appropriate self help and exercises, this will be at a reduced cost of £30 for 30 minutes.
Private Medical Insurance
We are still able to continue offering treatment to those with private medical insurance, as the private medical insurance companies have agreed to support telephone conversations.
New Forest Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic
A private clinic in New Milton established in 1996.
We are located centrally in New Milton in the Milton Medical Centre serving both the local community and surrounding areas of the New Forest and Christchurch.
We are all Chartered physiotherapists with over 30 years of experience both in the NHS and private sector and are dedicated to achieving the highest standard of care for our patients.
Our physiotherapists have close communication with doctors at the Arnewood Medical Centre and also with GPs and consultants in other practices in the New Forest, Bournemouth and Christchurch area including Bournemouth, Southampton and Lymington NHS Hospitals plus Bournemouth Nuffield Hospital, Southampton Spire Hospital and BNI Harbour.
We provide expertise in the assessment and treatment of neck and back pain, sports injuries, degenerative joint problems, work related repetitive strain injuries, headaches and post operative rehabilitation.
“Vicki was excellent, exceedingly intuitive, professional and effective. Vicki also put me at ease and I trusted her not to cause me excessive pain during treatment of my shoulder. The treatment for my shoulder has dramatically improved my use, so much so I can return to work and eased my paid significantly. The reception staff have been friendly, helpful and professional too. Thoroughly recommend.”
Stephanie, New Milton
“I have been a patient of Fiona for over nine years. She is an expert in her field and always has the best interests of her patients at heart. Her help, advice and kindness are greatly appreciated. I have recommended her to many friends and acquaintances and I have no hesitation is doing so again, unreservedly.”
“After a car crash I was referred to New Forest Physiotherapy for whiplash. I was really pleased not only with the treatment which swiftly dealt with the most pressing pain but also with the professionalism and friendliness of the team. I look forward to my sessions which combine treatment with humour!!”
Sally, Barton on Sea
“I have attended New Forest Physio for some years now, and I know that if I am in trouble with my neck or my knees Fiona is there to help me. I suffer from arthritis and am unable to take anti-inflammatory medication, so for me acupuncture is a natural way to get relief from pain.”
Paula, New Milton
“Fiona at New Forest Physiotherapy was a wonder find for me. I have been treated by her twice in the past five years for arthritic knees. Her examination is thorough and well considered. She is very empathetic, full of optimism, pleased to see you and the treatment you receive is very professional and of great benefit. In my case I had manipulation/massage, ultrasound and acupuncture. I would strongly recommend Fiona and New Forest Physiotherapy.”